Hello fellow studebaker enthusiast! Welcome to the revamped bulletnose.org website! I will do my best to keep the site updated monthly as our quarterly newsletter “Hogtown Headlights” has come to a close.
A Gallery Link has been added to the main menu. Here you can find the latest pics from our club meetings & events.
A Minutes page will be added soon so you can check out what happened if you weren’t able to attend a meeting.
I will update the meeting Calendar online as soon as the club can nail down some exact dates for out tentative schedule for 2020. Check back soon.
Lastly, there is an interesting article on the Studebaker National Museum in South Bend in the October issue of Hemmings Classic Car’s website. You can read the article here.
NCFCSDC Minutes – September 28, 2019
The meeting was called to order at 12:45 by Martha Cade. The meeting was hosted by Charles and Anne Grant at the Rainbow Rivers Club in Dunnellon, FL. Many thanks to them for setting up our annual camping trip as well as the pontoon rides on the Rainbow River and Withlacoochee River.
Treasurer’s Report: Complete report not available.
Old Business: Nothing to report
- Congratulations to Derwood Thompson and his wife Nora. They were married on September 20, after the International Meet.
- Our club will be assisting with 50/50 and the Hospitality Room at the2020 International Meet in Chattanooga, TN.
- Wayne and Ann Lee have been communicating with Martha Cade in regards to The 2020 International meet in Chattanooga, TN. As well as some observations on the 2019 Meet which they recently attended. Here are some items from their communications:
- The 2020 Meet table that was at the 2019 Meet in Ohio was a big success. Lots of interest. They ran out of materials on the second day. Materials included items from the Chattanooga Vsitor’s Bureau.
- They noted that some people thought the tours at the 2019 meet were taking away from vendors. Some tours took all day. There were 5-6 tours altogether.
- All the activities at the 2019 Meet were spread out throughout the buildings on the fairgrounds.
- Spectators at the 2019 Meet were charged $10.00 at the gate if they didn’t have an SDC registration badge.
- All in all they thought people enjoyed the 2019 Meet and that the organizers did an awesome job.
- The last they had heard the 2019 Meet had 583 registrations, 1080 participants and 240 cars at the meet.
- The State Meet is on October 11-12 and will be held in Clearwater, Fl.
- At the November meeting we will start working on our club’s 2020 schedule. Please bring ideas.
- We may be looking at doing the Rainbow Rivers Club camping trip in January or February.
- Possibly a tour to National Parts Depot in Ocala.
- Possibly an overnight trip to Sarasota as there are 2- 3 antique car museums there.
- We will be voting in new officers at the Christmas party in December. Please consider serving.
- We are switching from a print newsletter format to a webpage with photos.
- Meeting adjourned at 12:53